How do you food prep? As part of the March Makeover attitude challenges yesterday was my day of planning so I took 30 minutes after grocery shopping to prep out as much as I could for the week ahead.
Here’s a few general things I always look for when I bring the groceries home:
- vegetables to be chopped (zucchini, onion, etc.)
- fruit to be prepared (pomegranate, grapefruit, ect.)
- beans to be rinsed
- proteins to be cubed (tofu, cheese, etc.)
- starches to be cooked & portioned (rice, quinoa, etc.)
- iced drinks to be made (loose leaf tea & coffee)
Yesterday I was getting ready for nightly stir fry, big chopped salads at lunch, and my usual drinks. I chopped eggplant & onion and cooked/ portioned rice for the stir fry. I chopped zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes, as well as rinsed chickpeas, for the salad. Not shown I also brewed a big mason jar worth of 2 kinds of Teavana tea (weight to go berry oolong & strawberry rose champage white, link on left side of my blog!) and a jar worth of Maine Blueberry Coffee so they’d be iced but not diluted and ready to go!